Bringing Smiles to Cleft Children Everywhere

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

More Than Thank you...

I received this letter from a fellow cleft mom thanking us for sending her daughter a cleft bear. This is so beautiful, I had to share. I happened to have a picture from our Facebook page Chelsee's mom had shared :)






If you didn't notice by the address you sent Chelsee's bear to, I am military. Chelsee's first of many procedures (pulling a natal tooth that had rot) today and like I thought would happen, the bear provided me more comfort than you could imagine. I was sent to the waiting room full of other active duty members squeezing this tiny little bear. A few chuckles from across the room as I assume they thought it was mine out of fear of getting my own teeth pulled or worked on. After a few minutes a younger guy says to me "don't you think it's a little inappropriate to have a stuffed toy in uniform". I simply looked at him in disgust. Seconds later they bring Chelsee into the waiting room, still wiping the blood from her mouth and nose. A waiting room FULL of active duty military members, not a single dry eye. A few apologies followed. 
It sounds crazy but just looking at that little bear while I couldn't look at her, brought me so much comfort! Silly perhaps but you do not know how much that little bear means to us! Thank you again! Her surgery is in a few short weeks, I'm sure I will be thanking you a hundred times over at that time too!
 
Hilaree L. Straka

No comments:

Post a Comment